Sunday 2 February 2014

Day tripping

After the disappointment at Christmas I have been having to make do with "day trips" while I watch for a weather window to get away for a few days, but as I live in the Lake District it is not all bad.

Boxing day Ash and I went for a walk to Hayswater and found this old barn about half way there and the bad weather help to set me on a different track with my photos.
I have always liked black and white photos and after reading a book on HDR Mono photography that was me hooked.




So we have been doing day trips, not many photos worth posting to show for it but a combination of B&W and colour can work well

It was lovely today to be out and about in the cold knowing that the night heater was on in XOX and the kettle was just about to boil for tea when the shafts of light came through the clouds sending me out to get this shot and then back into the warm to enjoy my tea.
This weather has to change soon (I hope) it has been wet and windy for so long now we need a break,.



Not many changes to XOX lately. A new starter battery has been fitted (ouch! they are not cheap) and next week heavy duty back springs will be put in place as I am running around almost fully loaded most of the time and XOX is nose up at the moment. The lockers that I made have been a big disappointment with the damp weather making the wood swell. I should have known better but I was hoping for the best. The back of a car is the worst place ever for real wood to be, with the huge swings in temperature and humidity the wood acts like a sponge and changes size to the point where the drawers will not fit nicely. So I will be replacing the lockers with faced MDF boards when I find some material that matches the galley.

I have been very pleased with the fuel consumption getting 25 MPG knocking around town and 30 MPG on a long run, considering I am running with a fair load on board I think that is quite good.

DVLA have not seen fit to reclassify XOX as a camper so my fight with the insurance company goes on, but there may be a way round it by going about it a different route, we will see.

If you haven't notice yet all the photos are click-able to give you a larger view.

Until next time dear reader have fun and enjoy yourself we only have one life, live it.

Richard





No comments:

Post a Comment